The Safe Abortion Action Fund (SAAF) supports local organisations to increase access to safe abortion among vulnerable populations worldwide
Hosted by the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) in London, SAAF provides restricted grants to nationally based organisations that provide safe abortion services, advocate for progressive laws and policies, break the silence and try to change attitudes about abortion.
SAAF has funded over 180 projects worldwide since 2007
The current round of funding supports 103 projects in 50 countries
This round of funding will come to an end in 2017, SAAF is therefore looking for donors interested in supporting its next round
To find out more about the fund and the projects we have supported please click on the links below
Great story about the links between women's work and SRHR, mentioning the SAAF funded project in Cambodia https://t.co/gM4KjpRu2u
We have now updated the SAAF Theory of Change - check it out here.
What We've Achieved
IN 2015 SAAF PROJECTS:
- ensured that 1,700 public statements in support of abortion were made by public figures
- made new steps towards legislation or policy change in 17 countries
- initiated 8 studies related to safe abortion
- trained 1,504 providers in safer abortion technologies and techniques
provided safe abortion services to 61,493 women and girls
- of which 70% voluntarily adopted post-abortion contraception